INSTRUCTIONS FOR OFFICE SURGERY WITH IV ANESTHESIA
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (not even a sip of water) 6 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- Do wear an old short-sleeved shirt or blouse. Women should wear low-heeled shoes.
- Do take your routine medications (with just a small sip of water) unless otherwise instructed. Some patients need to discontinue aspirin and/or aspirin-containing medications 7 days prior to surgery. Non-compliance will necessitate rescheduling your appointment. The office will advise you concerning this.
- Do have a responsible adult to accompany you to drive you home. They should not leave the office during surgery. It is not acceptable for someone to drop you off and pick you up.
- WOMEN – Do not wear makeup or fingernail polish. If acrylic nails are worn, please remove them from the index and middle fingers of your right hand.
- MINORS must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or another responsible adult.
- PLAN AHEAD: You will need an ice bag when you return home. Also, be prepared by having liquids and/or soft foods to eat upon arrival.
- Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment. If you must, please bring a proper container to place them in after removal. Do not place the lenses in your eyes for 3–4 hours after surgery.
- Do not wear perfume or cologne. To do so may result in postponement or cancelation of your appointment.
Should it become necessary to cancel/change your surgery date, notify our office at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, a cancellation fee of $50.00 will be assessed and added to your account balance.